RV50 Cellular Data Modem
|Cellular Data Modem Key Features|
|Provides network access to remote IntelliLoggers|
|Access IntelliLoggers in secured areas where LAN connections are unavailable or prohibited|
|Full remote IntelliLogger access including Programming, Real-Time trending and Data Downloads|
|Supports FTP and Email of Status and Alarm messages|
|Low Cost M2M data plans offered direct through Logic Beach|
The RV50 cellular data modem/gateway provides wireless network connectivity via the digital cellular network for the IntelliLogger product family. An IntelliLogger equipped with the RV50 has all of the user interface capabilities of a hardwired communication connection… but at a remote isolated location.
Additionally, the RV50 can be a perfect solution to access an IntelliLogger located within a plant (eg a refinery) that disallows connection of non-approved equipment to their LAN. The IntelliLogger with an RV50 can be deployed quickly in the plant without compromising the plant LAN security nor going through a lengthy LAN connection certification procedure.
For IntelliLoggers used in remote site test deployments that may be relocated regularly, cellular connectivity allows for quick redeployment.
The RV50 connects to the IntelliLogger Ethernet port. Once the RV50 is activated with a data plan, all of the communication functions used with the IntelliLogger can be performed remotely…. programming, real-time trending of values, data downloads, remote control, browser access, etc.
The RV50 can be line or battery powered and the IntelliLogger can control power allowing for connectivity on an as needed basis. The RV50 is a commonly used accessory for the IntelliLogger system and can be provided pre-wired with an IntelliLogger in one of the accessory weatherproof enclosures (eg ENC250, 300, 350) offered for the IntelliLogger. This package results in a powerful M2M IoT data acquisition, reporting and alarming system.
For applications inside buildings with poor cellular data access, the RV50 can be provided in its own enclosure with an antenna and remotely mounted away from the IntelliLogger for improved cellular network RF access. Connectivity between the IntelliLogger and the RV50 can be implemented via a standard Cat-5 Ethernet cable (up to 300’) with no loss in signal integrity due to the wired Ethernet connection.
A single model of the RV50 supports all of the major USA cellular networks and can be simply configured for a carrier via a plug in SIM card . The unit is provided with a DC pigtail and can optionally be provided with a 120/240Vac power adapter.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the IntelliLogger send Emails over the RV50?
- Yes, once an IntelliLogger equipped with the RV50 deployed, the IntelliLogger is connected to the Internet and all IntelliLogger initiated functions including FTP and Email can be performed by the IntelliLogger .
- What cellular carriers are supported?
- A single model of the RV50 supports all of the USA carriers. Configuration to a carrier is simply done with the installation of a SIM card.
- How much power does the RV50 draw?
- There are multiple modes of operation ranging from a low power Standby mode (4.4mA at 12Vdc) to Idle Mode (75mA at 12Vdc) to a peak transmit mode (666mA at 12Vdc). The connected IntelliLogger can be used to control the mode, enabling gateway operation when required.
- How does the RV50 connect to the IntelliLogger?
- The RV50 and IntelliLogger interconnect via a standard Ethernet cable. In poor cellular reception areas, the RV50 and its antenna can be located remotely from the IntelliLogger (in a better coverage area) and interconnected with up to 300 ft of Ethernet cable. Extending the connecting Ethernet cable is recommended vs extending the antenna coax cable as there will be no signal loss through the Ethernet cable as would occur with a lengthened coax antenna cable.
- What can I do if my installation has poor cellular coverage?
- A couple of options are available…
- As mentioned above, the modem can be remotely located from the IntelliLogger location by using a long Ethernet cable.
- Use a Cell Modem Booster which will improve the sensitivity of the cell modem (see Ordering Tab)
- A couple of options are available…
|Single RV50 Model for all major USA carriers (install Carrier SIM Card to configure)
|Order Part Number:||Price:|
|CM-RV50 Cellular Gateway||9080.50470||$589|
|Items included with RV-50 Modem order:|
|Product Name:||Part Number:||Qty:|
|Vdc power cable (5ft) and mating power connector||NA||1|
|Ethernet cable, 3ft for connection to IntelliLogger||9020.50008||1|
|Items commonly purchased with this product…|
|Product Name:||Order Part Number:||Price:|
|Data Plans||See link||varies|
|Antenna, magnetic mount, 12″ tall, omni-directional whip||9080.10020||$42|
|Right angle mounting bracket with integral ground plane for pole mount of antennas||3539.80010||$30|
|120/240Vac Power Adapter for CM-RV50 gateway||LBI-2000579||$25|
|Cell Modem Booster Amp (Verizon and AT&T 4G only)||9080.50492||$230|
Contact Logic Beach directly to purchase this product.
Contact Logic Beach directly via phone or email with questions and/or to place your order.
Our Applications Staff welcomes your inquiry!