The LS300 cellular data modem/gateway provides wireless network connectivity via the digital cellular network for the IntelliLogger product family. An IntelliLogger equipped with the LS300 has all of the user interface capabilities of a hardwired communication connection… but at a remote isolated location.
Additionally, the LS300 can be a perfect solution to access an IntelliLogger located within a plant (eg a refinery) that disallows connection of non-approved equipment to their LAN. The IntelliLogger with an LS300 can be deployed quickly in the plant without compromising the plant LAN security nor going through a lengthy LAN connection certification procedure.
For IntelliLoggers used in remote site test deployments that may be relocated regularly, cellular connectivity allows for quick redeployment.
The LS300 connects to the IntelliLogger Ethernet port. Once the LS300 is activated with a data plan, all of the communication functions used with the IntelliLogger can be performed remotely…. programming, real-time trending of values, data downloads, remote control, browser access, etc.
The LS300 can be line or battery powered and the IntelliLogger can control power allowing for connectivity on an as needed basis. The LS300 is a commonly used accessory for the IntelliLogger system and can be provided pre-wired with an IntelliLogger in one of the accessory weatherproof enclosures (eg ENC250, 300, 350) offered for the IntelliLogger. For applications inside buildings with poor cellular data access, the LS300 can be provided in its own enclosure with an antenna and remotely mounted away from the IntelliLogger for improved cellular network access. Connectivity between the IntelliLogger and the LS300 can be implemented via a standard Cat-5 Ethernet cable (up to 300’).
LS300 modems are available for each of the major cellular networks. Additionally, each LS300 is offered in a DC or AC powered model. The AC powered model includes a 120/240Vac to 12Vdc power adapter and the DC model is provided with a wiring harness.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the IntelliLogger send Emails over the LS300?
- Yes, once an ILL equipped with the LS300 deployed, the ILL is connected to the Internet and all ILL initiated functions including FTP and Email can be performed by the ILL..
- What cellular carriers are supported?
- Verizon, Sprint and ATT/Cellular are all supported. Due to the differences in the communication technology, Different models of the LS300 are required for each of the carriers (specify at order time).
- How much power does the LS300 draw?
- Maximum current at 12Vdc is 430mA (5.16W). For battery operated applications, with the use of the Warm-Up Icon function within HWW, the ILL can be programmed to cycle modem power on/off conserving battery energy until needed for communication.
- How does the LS300 connect to the IntelliLogger?
- The LS300 and ILL interconnect via a standard Ethernet cable. In poor cellular reception areas, the LS300 and its antenna can be located remotely from the IntelliLogger (in a better coverage area) and interconnected with up to 300 ft of Ethernet cable. Extending the connecting Ethernet cable is recommended vs extending the antenna coax cable as there will be no signal loss through the Ethernet cable as would occur with a lengthened coax antenna cable.
- What can I do if my installation has poor cellular coverage?
- A couple of options are available…
- As mentioned above, the modem can be remotely located from the ILL location by using a long Ethernet cable.
- Use a Cell Modem Booster which will improve the sensitivity of the cell modem (see Ordering Tab)
- A couple of options are available…
- What is the difference between the AC power and DC power models?
- The AC power model is shipped with a 120/240Vac to 12Vdc power supply. The DC model is shipped with wiring harness and modem mating connector for connection to an alternate 7 to 28Vdc input source (eg a battery). Both the AC and DC modems are identical devices… only the power interface differs.
|Six models are available (AC or DC powered and 3 different carriers)|
|Order Part Number:||Price:|
|Verizon, CDMA Cell Modem, AC Power (with power supply)||9080.50460||$499|
|Verizon, CDMA Cell Modem, DC Power (with wiring harness)||9080.50461||$499|
|Sprint, CDMA Cell Modem, AC Power (with power supply)||9080.50462||$499|
|Sprint, CDMA Cell Modem, DC Power (with wiring harness)||9080.50463||$499|
|ATT/Cingular (GSM/GPRS/Edge/UMTS/HSDPA and HSUPA compatible), Cell Modem, AC Power (with power supply)||9080.50464||$499|
|ATT/Cingular (GSM/GPRS/Edge/UMTS/HSDPA and HSUPA compatible) Cell Modem, DC Power (with wiring harness)||9080.50465||$499|
|Items included with order:|
|Product Name:||Part Number:||Qty:|
|Cell modem and Power Supply if AC or harness if DC specified.||9080.5046x||1|
|Ethernet cable, 3ft for connection to IntelliLogger||9020.50008||1|
|Items commonly purchased with this product…|
|Product Name:||Order Part Number:||Price:|
|Antenna, magnetic mount, 12″ tall, omni-directional whip||9080.10020||$42|
|Right angle mounting bracket with integral ground plane for pole mount of antennas||3539.80010||$30|
|Cell modem surface mounting bracket||9080.10007||$18|
|Cell Modem Booster Amp||9080.50490||$220|
Contact Logic Beach directly to purchase this product.
Contact Logic Beach directly via phone or email with questions and/or to place your order.
Our Applications Staff welcomes your inquiry!